Western Wall dated 17AD - not built by Herod

Ambassador

This story is several years old, but what's amazing is that there hasn't been an uproar from the Jewish Israelis

[*]Coins stamped with Valerius Gratus, successor to Pontius Pilate
[*]Construction 'had not even begun' by Herod's death

The four bronze coins were stamped around 17 A.D. by the Roman official Valerius Gratus were found under the foundation stones.
He preceded Pontius Pilate of the New Testament story as Rome’s representative in Jerusalem, according to Ronny Reich of Haifa University,
one of the two archaeologists in charge of the dig.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2065254/Coins-Jerusalems-Western-Wall-hints-sacred-site-older-Herod.html#ixzz494PgcHbD
Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-israel...01J2011112

The "Western Wall" was a Pagan Roman construction, which was part of the foundation of the Roman Antonia Fortress, which overlooked the City of David and the Second Temple (1,000 feet to the south, near the Gihon Spring). I suspect there are many more discoveries to be made that will further embarrass "religious" Jews (ie: God will continue to provoke them more and more as the "Day of the Lord" approaches).

Ambassador

The current research by Bob Cornuke was actually built upon work done by Dr. Ernest L. Martin and others. So, the real location of the Temple has been known for some time, however, due to the stubbornness of the Jews (something Jesus told us!), they will be reluctant to admit that they have been wrong ("Temple Mount" was declared the site 1,700 years after its destruction). *********************/Temples-That-Jerusalem-Forgot/dp/0945657951

Stevelw

Watchman
The current research by Bob Cornuke was actually built upon work done by Dr. Ernest L. Martin and others. So, the real location of the Temple has been known for some time, however, due to the stubbornness of the Jews (something Jesus told us!), they will be reluctant to admit that they have been wrong ("Temple Mount" was declared the site 1,700 years after its destruction). *********************/Temples-That-Jerusalem-Forgot/dp/0945657951
I believe in the video Dr. Martin is given credit by The panel. Funny how there are still stones one upon another there at the western wall.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Ambassador

I believe in the video Dr. Martin is given credit by The panel. Funny how there are still stones one upon another there at the western wall.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

As you can see from the original post, the wall was built by the Romans to add support structure for the Antonia Fortress.
The Jews have been praying at a pagan Roman wall that had nothing to do with the Temple.
The current location ("Wailing Wall" & "Temple Mount") was designated in the 17th Century AD.

It would be insanity for the Romans to destroy their own fortress or fortress wall. :lolsign
PS: Please read all the previous threads on this post.

Last edited:

Ambassador

ancientjerusalem.jpg

Note Roman Fort Antonia is to the right (north), the Western Wall
is on the far side of the fort. The Ophel lies between the fort and
the Temple (on the left).

Ambassador

Here is a list of Roman governors of Judaea AD
*Remember that the Jews say that Herod "built the wall" and
"see, Jesus was a liar, because the Temple wall still stands"

------------------------------------------------------------
Herod the Great ruled Judaea 37--4 BC,
*his son Herod Archelaus ruled briefly after that
------------------------------------------------------------
Coponius 6-9 CE Prefect of Rome

Marcus Ambivulus 9-12 CE Prefect of Rome

Annius Rufus 12-15 CE Prefect of Rome

Valerius Gratus 15-26 CE Prefect of Rome (built the Wailing Wall)

Pontius Pilate 26-36 CE Prefect of Rome

Marcellus 36-37 CE Prefect of Rome

Agrippa I 41-44 CE King of Judea (appointed by Emperor Claudius)

Cuspius Fadus 44-46 CE Roman Procurator

Tiberius Julius Alexander 46-48 CE Roman Procurator

Ventidius Cumanus 48-52 CE Roman Procurator

Marcus Antonius Felix 52-60 CE Roman Procurator

Porcius Festus 60-62 CE Roman Procurator

Lucceius Albinus 62-64 CE Roman Procurator

Gessius Florus 64-66 CE Roman Procurator

maryrae

I never thought the "wall" was part of the Temple complex. The Bible makes it clear it would be destroyed, brick by brick.
You're correct. It never has been. I'm not sure where Ambassador was going with this other than to point out Jewish blindness....but having said that... I did look up wailing wall on the internet and two of the sites I visited (one Jewish) state that it is not an actual part of the Temple itself, but rather a supporting wall to the Mount, and "close" to the temple itself so.... I'm still unclear as to the intent of the OP.

Last edited:

Hol

Worships Him
You're correct. It never has been. I'm not sure where Ambassador was going with this other than to point out Jewish blindness....but having said that... I did look up wailing wall on the internet and two of the sites I visited (one Jewish) state that it is not an actual part of the Temple itself, but rather a supporting wall to the Mount, and "close" to the temple itself so.... I'm still unclear as to the intent of his post.
Glad you pointed that out Mary Rae. Several issues back, Ariel Ministries quarterly magazine had an exhaustive article on this by Messianic Jew & expert, Dr. Roger Liebe. There are no questions that all of the temple walls were destroyed in 70 AD, but after the 1967 Six Day War it was possible to dig the Western Wall Tunnel that has produced evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the Wailing Wall is actually part of the foundation, therefore not torn down.

I hesitated to comment earlier because this sort of distortion in the OP, in my mind, leads to support false claims that the Jews have no right to the Temple Mount.

Back