Has anyone heard of this false teaching?

Hol

Worships Him
This is news to me, but there is an interpretation about Matthew 22:13 in reference to outer darkness where some teach it is a place carnal Christians will spend the Millennial reign of Christ.

Is this new, or simply new to me?

acceptedinthebeloved

This is news to me, but there is an interpretation about Matthew 22:13 in reference to outer darkness where some teach it is a place carnal Christians will spend the Millennial reign of Christ.

Chuck Missler and his wife wrote a book (I think in 2008) with this as its main subject (as they have adopted this belief... or at least did when they wrote this). It has the word "kingdom" in its title.

I disagree strongly with their conclusions, and believe these conclusions come as a result of wading into Covenant Theology, to some degree, and not keeping Israel and the Church distinct. Others have called this theory "The Millennial Exclusion Theory"... so my guess is that this view has been around before the Misslers adopted it... They've probably just brought it into a more prominent place. :book

mattfivefour

Nope, like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't. Any other position places salvation—in part—upon our shoulders, whereas it rests entirely upon Jesus Christ and His finished and all sufficient work at Calvary. I believe those who follow the teaching outlined in the OP are those who as yet have not given up all hope in their flesh, and believe that they somehow can earn something from God. Abraham couldn't, Job couldn't, David couldn't, Paul couldn't, and neither can we. Ever.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

It's new to me unless you toss it into the "purgatory" category which it sounds like.

So, which of us would not be tossed into the "outer darkness"? I presume all of us would go there if the idea had any merit, which it doesn't. And that would make it difficult for us to co-reign with Christ during that period, unless we could work from "home".

Last edited:

Kim Stuever

Nope, like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't. Any other position places salvation—in part—upon our shoulders, whereas it rests entirely upon Jesus Christ and His finished and all sufficient work at Calvary. I believe those who follow the teaching outlined in the OP are those who as yet have not given up all hope in their flesh, and believe that they somehow can earn something from God. Abraham couldn't, Job couldn't, David couldn't, Paul couldn't, and neither can we. Ever.
Amen!!! He did it all nothing can I add to his work on the cross.

acceptedinthebeloved

Chuck Missler and his wife wrote a book (I think in 2008) with this as its main subject (as they have adopted this belief... or at least did when they wrote this). It has the word "kingdom" in its title.

I disagree strongly with their conclusions, and believe these conclusions come as a result of wading into Covenant Theology, to some degree, and not keeping Israel and the Church distinct. Others have called this theory "The Millennial Exclusion Theory"... so my guess is that this view has been around before the Misslers adopted it... They've probably just brought it into a more prominent place. :book

The reason they come to this conclusion, is because they "read" the Church "INTO" passages which are referring to the future tribulation period (namely, the Olivet Discourse passages, which are describing the future 70th week, and which time period leads up to Christ's 2nd Coming to the earth and the start of the Millennial Kingdom [and which passages do not cover our Rapture at all, but all future tribulation period, except for Lk 21:12-24 referring to the events of 70AD]).

Many folks are being convinced of this view because not being careful here.

Kallah

Why do people follow this man? Not only has he been guilty of plagiarism but he's a looney toon! He doesn't only use Scripture but extra biblical views. It seems that's what props him up. But people like to follow the many charlatans who tickle their ears or seem to work miracles, have secret knowledge, celestial hocus pocus, angel dust, etc. Missler is one of many. Makes my head spin. Isn't the Word of God sufficient?

Last edited:

DanLMP

Missler is like Picasso.
He was fine until he hit his blue period.

So, early Missler, okay. Later Missler, grain of salt.

Jan51

Missler is like Picasso.
He was fine until he hit his blue period.

So, early Missler, okay. Later Missler, grain of salt.
My exposure to early Missler was probably about '90 or so. Yes he did have lots of good Bible teaching, but my impression of him at that time was: something was off, couldn't quite put my finger on it. His attitude was condescending, like, you hadn't ought to dare disagree with anything he says, because his unique knowledge and insight comes from various high places in his past that he never specified but often alluded to, letting you know that he has special sources that you don't have access to, so no one is qualified to critique any of his teachings. I heard someone once refer to how he does this as "intellectual intimidation."

dave-o

I would like to add that just as God removes the sin but not the consequences, please don't assume that there will be no consequences for the saved person who backslides into willful and habitual sinning.

As Paul said they will still be saved but as though through fire. Whatever that Fire is you want to avoid any no part of it!

Andrew

Well known member
I would like to add that just as God removes the sin but not the consequences, please don't assume that there will be no consequences for the saved person who backslides into willful and habitual sinning.

As Paul said they will still be saved but as though through fire. Whatever that Fire is you want to avoid any no part of it!
You seem to be mixing two different things here. There are definitely consequences in this world for our actions. Being saved but as through fire simply means that any works done in the power of the flesh are burned up.

Back