Names of Jesus: The Gate

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Names of Jesus: The Gate
By Jack Kelley

Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.” (John 10:7-9)

There is no way around it, through Jesus only can we be saved.

“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

The Good Shepherd who laid down his life for His sheep is also the Gate through which we enter His Kingdom. A doctrine of salvation that’s built upon anything other than the personal relationship with Jesus that comes from being born again rests precariously on sinking sand. (John 3:3) He alone is the foundation of our faith, and unless our salvation is built exclusively upon this Rock, (1 Corinthians 10:4) it will be of no avail to us when we stand before Him.

This passage is a reference to the Kingdom and recalls the words of Psalm 23:2, “He makes me lie down in green pasture.” Salvation is found through Jesus, He is the gate to the Kingdom, and no one can enter except through Him (John 3:3, John 14:6). Having entered through Him we will have the freedom to come and go as we please, dwelling in a state of peace in the midst of plenty. Surely goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our life, and we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Psalm 23:6).

Our prayer: We look to you only, Lord, as the author and finisher of our faith. We have called on the name of Jesus and our faith is in Him! You bring us goodness and mercy all the days of our lives. You have set us free. Help us to know and experience you as the good and merciful God that you are. Help us walk in your freedom for we have been set free in You.

https://www.raptureforums.com/jesus/names-jesus-gate/

Baby Yoda

Watchman
The Good Shepherd who laid down his life for His sheep is also the Gate through which we enter His Kingdom. A doctrine of salvation that’s built upon anything other than the personal relationship with Jesus that comes from being born again rests precariously on sinking sand. (John 3:3) He alone is the foundation of our faith, and unless our salvation is built exclusively upon this Rock, (1 Corinthians 10:4) it will be of no avail to us when we stand before Him.
:cheer :cheer :cheer

Back